Monday, May 16, 2011

Stylist 101 with Lisa


We chatted with our resident Rachel Zoe, stylist lecturer Lisa on what she loves about her course starting in June and her favourite winter trends.

What do you do at TAFE?

I'm a part of the Fashion Retail Team I lecture from Certificate II Retail to Diploma. Also I lecture the short course in Styling.


How did you start out in fashion?
I have been involved in Fashion for over 10 years working in various retail roles and I have had my own personal Styling business for 6 years.

Describe your course in four words.
Stylish, fun, interactive, empowering.

Top fashion trends at the moment.
Probably the faves at the moment would be Aviator trend, animal print, camel and maxi skirts.



One piece in your wardrobe you can’t live without.

At the moment I am loving Jodphurs – warm and on trend!


Favourite shop, label and blog.

I love chain store shopping in places like Zara, Sportsgirl and Witchery.
My fave blog is The Sartoralist - I love to people watch and this is such a great way to examine trends/styles from all around the world.


Which fashion or footwear course would you like to do and why?
Would love to one day do footwear short course and make my own shoes.

Interested in our stylist course? Head to www.tafesa.edu.au/fashion for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment